Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I didn't want to believe it, but it's true.



Before the feminist attacks begin, I just want to qualify by reinforcing that I can only speak for myself and from my own experience. And I have discovered that it is, in fact, true that I may sometimes, as accused, be irrational. Although I may not describe my own behavior as 'insane', I will admit that when faced with similar behavior from others, I have, at times, described them as 'insane'.

I may also be guilty of using lots of commas. Some might say 'too many'.

Yesterday I had to admit that I was in a bad mood. I couldn't escape it. I rode a train for five minutes. As the hills to the east passed by, I tried to rid myself of all annoyances, of all irritations, of all things that I attach myself to and can't let go of until I run it ten feet deep into the hard ground, jump up and down on top of it yelling obscenities, and finally stop, shake the dust from my feet, and leave in peace. All in my own time of course. It's a lot to try and accomplish in five minutes on a train. Especially when there's a dude sitting four feet from you talking to himself about falafel.

When I arrived at my destination and Grassfed picked me up, I was still irritated. The list of thorns is long and gets applied to everything. Here are some examples:
  • I'm unemployed.
  • I recently gained 15 pounds.
  • None of my pants fit.
  • My cat meows irrationally at night.
  • I bowled really terribly last week.
  • I've been late to things recently.
  • There are ten unopened cans of Bud Light in my backyard.
  • My leg itches.
  • My garage was made into a beer pong room and never switched back into a regular garage.
  • I have two cowlicks.
  • I hate my coffee table.
These things are all related. These things are all reasons for other things not working and other things being annoying. Does this seem irrational to you? Insane, perhaps? Yeah. Yeah, I thought so. Feminists, put your signs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment